My experience in admissions work in four regions of the United States and my years as a secondary school teacher provide a broad background for analyzing admissions issues at all levels.
- Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, Vanderbilt University, Nashville,
- Dean of Admissions, Macalester College, St Paul, Minnesota
- Admissions Office, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- Social Studies Teacher, Dept. Chairman, Cold Spring Earbcr Jr-Sr Eigh
School, Long Island, New York
Professional and Community Involvement
- National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC) Current Trends Future Issues Committee
- Co-Chair of the Independent Educational Consultant Special Interest Group for NACAC,
- Member. College and University Recognition Task Force (CURT), North America
- International Schools Services, President Search Committee Board Chair
- European Cuncil of International Schools (ECIS), North American Committee
- TOEFL, Policy Council Member, Services Committee member
- Chair. The Common Application Steering Committee
- Member. National Committee on Schools, Princeton
- Chairman, Suffolk County (New York) Alumni Schools Committee
- Riverdale Country School, New York, New York
- Princeton University, A.B.
- Columbia University, J.D.
Admissions and educational consulting philosophy:
My educational consulting work relies on two things, in particular—expertise and integrity. The following values guide my work with clients
- I will help you clarify your goals and work with you to create a plan to achieve them. Success has to be the primary goal of any enterprise
- I am strongly service-oriented and enjoy interactive relationships. I will be readily available by e-mail and phone and will meet personally feasible and appropriate.
- As we work together, maintain the highest ethical standards. I believe it is fully possible to "do well while doing good."
- Education at all levels is fundamentally an intellectual process. Our work together will reflect a commitment to supporting the "life of the mind."
- The •welfare of students is always a primary concern. Whether I am assisting a student in navigating the college process or working with an
educational institution, I am committed to the well-being of students
- At its best, work is fun. As we work together. my goal is for us to enjoy the process, enjoy our collaboration, and celebrate success together when
we complete the journey.